The main problem leading homeowners to frantically search HVAC service in Fountain Hills AZ during the winter is a heating breakdown. A broken furnace is inconvenient and can be very expensive, however it is also preventable. The easiest way to prevent furnace problems is to identify and fix them before they even really start. This can be accomplished through seasonal furnace checkups.
Many customers wonder if a seasonal furnace checkup is necessary. Confusing ads and a wide variety of prices and levels of quality leave many confused and overwhelmed, leading them to skip the checkup altogether. Skipping a checkup is a bad idea for a few reasons. First and foremost, it can void your manufacture’s warranty so if your furnace breaks, all the cost will come out of pocket. Secondly, a furnace checkup will tune up your unit so it runs more efficiently and is less likely to break.
In order to get the most out of your furnace checkup, make sure that you hire a reputable company. Your checkup should always include:
- An inspection of the pilot light and igniter to ensure they are working properly and safely.
- An analysis of the combustions gases to make sure they fit within the manufacturer guidelines for your unit.
- A thorough check of the intake grills and drainage system to see if there are any blockages. This includes all hoses connected to the exterior of the unit.
- A visual inspection of the blower fan to make sure that there is no debris.
- The technician should also conduct an amp draw test on the motor and compare it to what is listed for your furnace unit. If it is too low or too high, this is an indication that something is wrong with the furnace motor.
- Visual inspection of all the wiring to check for rust, damage, or corrosion.
When you are ready to schedule your seasonal furnace checkup, call us at Efficiency Mechanical for all your furnace needs. Make your appointment early to prevent any heating problems.